Author Topic: Epic Prog: The Final DLBN Broadcast  (Read 3324 times)

Offline The_Lurker

• YaBB God
  • I know a thing or two about her.
    • View Profile
Epic Prog: The Final DLBN Broadcast
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:30:38 am »
Hello friends!

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that this Friday night (June 8, 2007) will be the final installment of The Healing Colors of Sound and also the last Epic Prog broadcast on the Dividing Line Broadcast Network. Epic Prog will be moving to another station, starting June 22. For more information on the move, please see my MySpace page at www.myspace.com/lurkermichael.

While I am sad to leave the Dividing Line, which has been the internet home for "Epic Prog with The Lurker" for three and a half years and the home of "The Healing Colors of Sound" for two and a half years, the time has come to make a change. There are many reasons for it, which I won't go into here. But I do want to thank Shawn Bishop and Rene Young, who were so helpful in getting me started in internet radio at the Dividing Line. I also want to thank all the people who listened live, hung out with me in chat and those who joined my mighty Archive Army. You guys are the best! Lastly (but not leastly...is leastly a word? I didn't think so, but I digress), I want to thank my fellow DJs, both past and present, who helped make my time here much more enjoyable, turned me on to a lot of great music and provided great friendship and tons of technical support. I'll never forget meeting many of you at the 2004 CalProg. What a great time that was!

The first show I ever heard on this station was mikebo's "Strange Universe." It was basically the reason I came back to the DLBN in my search for great music on internet radio. I returned a few nights later to hear Frank "Moondog" Mundo's "Friday Night Freakout," and then I was completely hooked. It wasn't long before I was pitching the idea of "Epic Prog" to the station and then had a show of my own (originally very late on Monday nights - a spot that would later be occupied by "Schizopolis"). When Frank left, he recommended that my show be the one to replace his, and for that I was extremely flattered. There have been so many great moments here and I treasure all of them. Having said that, it's time for me to move on and see what else lies within the vastness of cyberspace...kind of like a digital version of Captain Kirk.

So anyway, I hope to see a good turnout this Friday for my final Dividing Line broadcast!
The Healing Colors of Sound & Epic Prog with The Lurker
Friday nights at 8 p.m. Eastern
ONLY on The Dividing Line
www.thedividingline.com

Offline Mary

• DLBN DJ
  • Rock Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Underdog Prog - A Progressive Music Broadcast
Re: Epic Prog: The Final DLBN Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:05 am »
Here's wishing you the very best in your move, Michael! 

Friday nights will never be the same without the Lurker!!

I will do my very best to be there Friday :)

Mary
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

Frank Zappa ~

Underdog Prog
Saturdays 4-7 pm Pacific