Author Topic: Noob question  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Lau

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
Noob question
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:41:21 pm »
I found this fantastic place  last week by chance, and I think I became an addict  ;)

Please excuse me if this has been asked a thousand times before, but I did the search and nothing found. My question is...is there any way of "spliting" or browsing through the archived shows? Well, I can do it with foobar and the ogg show, but I can't seem to do it with the mp3 ones....maybe do I need  a plugin or something?

Regards from Chile !

Offline Rene

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • eh?
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line
Re: Noob question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:10:15 am »
Welcome to DLBN, Lau. Sorry no one replied to your question sooner. It is vacation season up here.

Our archives are available in two formats: streaming, and download. Streaming does not allow you to fast forward or rewind. You can only play the show from the beginning. If you choose the download option, you will then play the file from your hard drive, so you will have all of the features your player comes with. But since the archives are a single file, you cannot skip from song to song like you could if they were a collection of individual files.

If you have an audio editing program that can read the file, it is possible to create clips of sections from start and end points you set, however this would be a long and tedious thing to do. If your goal is to create files of individual songs, that is something we do not condone. Our intention is that our listeners support the artists they hear on DLBN, therefore we encourage you to purchase CDs by those artists when you hear something you like.

If you only wish to be able to move forward (or backward) within a show archive, you can do that by downloading the show first. I hope this answers your question. Enjoy the music! Nice to have Chile tuning in!

Rene
ProgRoots, Sundays @ 7pm Pacific
on The Dividing Line

Offline Lau

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »
Thanks Rere for your answer.

I found out by chance that if I open the ogg file in foobar it shows the different tracks and I can browse through the archive, so that will do :D
Winamp doesn't seem to have this feature (maybe I need a plugin or something).

Thank you all for your great programs, I love them all !!

Offline Frans

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • Share the Music
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:53:19 am »
Hey, that's one heck of a playlist, oh wait! ;-) :-D
The Rogues' Gallery. Every Thursday night from 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM Pacific.

http://www.thedividingline.com/rg.html