Author Topic: New Show @ DLBN - The European Perspective!  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
New Show @ DLBN - The European Perspective!
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:35:05 pm »
Hello all!

I'm happy to announce a brand new on demand show here at DLBN!  For a long time we've been trying to expand our broadcast team to include people from EU where progressive rock is at its most vibrant, and we're now seeing that desire realized with the addition of "The European Perspective" to the station's lineup.  Hosted by David Elliott (aka Wilf) coming at ya straight from London in the UK, this show will be focusing on prog of all types that originates in Europe!  Here's the official word from the man himself:

"The Amazing Wilf, cynic, mystic and occasional fool, takes you on a wonderful journey through the heady world of British and European progressive music. From the days of the sixties and seventies, when this stuff actually sold, through the New Wave Of British Progressive Rock in the mid-1980s, and bang up-to-date with the new blood. This music has never been more diverse or interesting, but in the competitive world of downloads and global marketing it's difficult for today's progressive acts to get the exposure they deserve and need to thrive. Wilf, therefore, concentrates on getting music by the small bands 'out there', while having a damn good time and a few laughs on the way."

This is an on demand show and will also be airing every Sunday from 6am to 9am Pacific time which works out to 2pm - 5pm GMT (finally a broadcast that those overseas can listen to at a decent hour!)  I invite you all to check out his show - and on behalf of us all, a huge welcome to Wilf!

Cheers,

Shawn
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Offline AmazingWilf

• DLBN DJ
  • The European Perspective - you know it makes sense
    • View Profile
    • Prog Blog
Re: New Show @ DLBN - The European Perspective!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
Thanks you for the intro, Shawn - I'll do my best to live up to the hype!

If anyone has any requests, suggestions, abuse etc, then wilf@thedividingline.com gets to me - how surprising!

David
--
David 'Wilf' Elliott

Context is for the weak!

Offline PaisleyBud

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
Re: New Show @ DLBN - The European Perspective!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:59 pm »
Hi  I am not used to commenting here as live shows are in the middle of the night for me but just to say what a joy it was to listen to the European perspective. At last I can listen live to some prog on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure what time this is on the other side of pond but if its not conveniet listen to the podcast and some real prog.
David
or PaisleyBud.
 :D