Poll

What should happen to Gruno's Monday night show?

Leave it as is - we're all adults!
9 (60%)
Send it straight to hell!
1 (6.7%)
Make it on demand only
1 (6.7%)
Move it to the coveted Tuesday 5 am PST time slot
0 (0%)
Fukc 'em all, this is art!
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: The future of Guilty Pleasures  (Read 6892 times)

Offline kravitz

• am i alone in this?
    • View Profile
The future of Guilty Pleasures
« on: December 29, 2003, 04:39:29 am »
Did I forget any potential solutions?

Offline No Fan of Gruno

• View Profile
Re:The future of Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 03:20:18 pm »

You did.  Sort of.  But how about this?  If Gruno and "management" come to an agreement and "Guilty Pleasures" does return, don't you think the first return show should be something special???  Picture this...segments could include...1) Gruno apologizes (which could mean that hell will possibly be freezing over simultaneously, so we may all want to make sure we're cool with God before showtime)  2) There is a no holds-barred Gruno roast, during which time Gruno has to sit back and ingest a nice heaping dose of his own medicine without disputes or interruptions from CajunRoastedGruno   (I'm positively giddy at the thought of that!  He's much better at dishing it out than taking it.  This may be the stumbling block in the negotiations.)  3) What exactly did he say about "sucking cocks" and "taking it up the ass?"  Perhaps Gruno should stock up on lube for this return show's grand finale segment.  

Will I now be banned for life?  No matter, because as for me, I am never listening to Gruno's show again due to personal reasons.  (You guys think he's insulted YOU?!  Lightweights!!!) Ban me if you must,  but I'm only joking about things that are already being talked about.  But before you ban me, would you please put my name on the wall since, from what I understand, I personally contributed OVER 50% of the money raised for that Prog-West trip?  "And all I got was a stupid T-shirt...." wait...no...all I got was a stupid form letter...damn, that money would have come in handy so many times...oh well!   ::)

Good luck, Gruno.  Good luck, "management."   I really hope you work something out on this.  

oozlet

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 05:07:19 pm »

You did.  Sort of.  But how about this?  If Gruno and "management" come to an agreement and "Guilty Pleasures" does return, don't you think the first return show should be something special???  Picture this...segments could include...1) Gruno apologizes (which could mean that hell will possibly be freezing over simultaneously, so we may all want to make sure we're cool with God before showtime)  2) There is a no holds-barred Gruno roast, during which time Gruno has to sit back and ingest a nice heaping dose of his own medicine without disputes or interruptions from CajunRoastedGruno   (I'm positively giddy at the thought of that!  He's much better at dishing it out than taking it.  This may be the stumbling block in the negotiations.)  3) What exactly did he say about "sucking cocks" and "taking it up the ass?"  Perhaps Gruno should stock up on lube for this return show's grand finale segment.

AMEN!!!! No bigger jerk or arrogant braggart has ever (dis)graced the earth. Just look at the photo page on his website http://mysite.verizon.net/res1a8zk/id3.html and anyone could do this. Go to the NAMM show, take a bunch of photos of celebrity musicians there, put the photos on your website and try to fake people out into thinking these stars are your best friends. Then drop their names and brag about it all on your internet radio station. If Gruno is going to actually do this DJ thing for real, he needs to go to school to learn how to use his voice correctly. He sounds like some spoiled amateur high school punk who secretly found a way to get on his dad's radio station. No fan of Gruno indeed!!!

Instant karma's gonna get you and it's about time.

Offline No Fan of Gruno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 07:51:44 am »
[AMEN!!!! No bigger jerk or arrogant braggart has ever (dis)graced the earth. Just look at the photo page on his website http://mysite.verizon.net/res1a8zk/id3.html and anyone could do this. Go to the NAMM show, take a bunch of photos of celebrity musicians there, put the photos on your website and try to fake people out into thinking these stars are your best friends. Then drop their names and brag about it all on your internet radio station. If Gruno is going to actually do this DJ thing for real, he needs to go to school to learn how to use his voice correctly. He sounds like some spoiled amateur high school punk who secretly found a way to get on his dad's radio station. No fan of Gruno indeed!!!

BINGO!  I'm sure Gruno thanks you for the publicity.  You did a great job of promoting his website AND his show.   Did he claim to be "best friends" with those people?  I doubt it.  Gruno isn't fake.  He's himself.  You think he should go to "broadcasting school" and use some slick-guy announcer's voice?  THAT would be fake.  He REALLY is an asshole, it's not fake!  Haha!  And his show has an audience...congrats to Gruno and to DLBN for working things out.   Good luck to all.   And now to plan that very special return show-heehee!!!

Sorry for messing up your "poll," Kravitz.  You can yell at me later.   ;D

Offline Mary

• DLBN DJ
  • Rock Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Underdog Prog - A Progressive Music Broadcast
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 03:59:17 pm »
He's baaaaaaaack  ;D

And we are glad.......

Grune's living the dream, growing, changing, learning just like the rest of us.....

Personally, I am proud of him  :)

Grrrl  8)
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

Frank Zappa ~

Underdog Prog
Saturdays 4-7 pm Pacific

Offline No Fan of Gruno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 05:51:06 am »
Grune's...learning just like the rest of us.....

Personally, I am proud of him  :)

It seems to have worked out right.   It comes as NO surpise to me find a message such as yours appearing here...neither the content of it nor the author...strategically placed and strategically written.   It's nice that you're "personally" proud of "Grune."  I knew him long before he was "Gruno."  Best of luck to you, Grrrl, and take care of yourself.   Best of luck to "Guilty Pleasures" and The DLBN.   Happy New Year.

Offline tristessa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 02:56:02 pm »

"AMEN!!!! No bigger jerk or arrogant braggart has ever (dis)graced the earth. Just look at the photo page on his website http://mysite.verizon.net/res1a8zk/id3.html and anyone could do this. Go to the NAMM show, take a bunch of photos of celebrity musicians there, put the photos on your website and try to fake people out into thinking these stars are your best friends. Then drop their names and brag about it all on your internet radio station. If Gruno is going to actually do this DJ thing for real, he needs to go to school to learn how to use his voice correctly. He sounds like some spoiled amateur high school punk who secretly found a way to get on his dad's radio station. No fan of Gruno indeed!!!

Instant karma's gonna get you and it's about time."

boy...for someone who's so anti Gruno, it sounds like you spend alot of time listening, researching, obsessing...etc