Author Topic: Fripp Off! Say Goodbye to The Crimson Connection  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Vince and Daisy Jane Font

• DLBN DJ
  • Prog'opolis is prog nonstop'olis!
    • View Profile
    • Prog'opolis
Fripp Off! Say Goodbye to The Crimson Connection
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:08:15 am »
Effective immediately, Progopolis will no longer be airing The Crimson Connection. On Wednesday, we received a "cease and desist" email from a company that represents Robert Fripp, King Crimson, and Declan Music on issues of snooping out and putting a stop to the illegal distribution of King Crimson material.

It appears that our efforts to promote the music of King Crimson over the last six years have only served to lump us in with career bootleggers, and for that we've been asked to remove all Progopolis archives containing King Crimson material. In order to avoid any legal consequences, we've complied by editing out the Crimson Connection from our Halloween broadcast. The rest of the show remains available, with added commentary by yours truly that we will be certain to expand upon on the next broadcast.

I can't say that this comes as any surprise. But I think it's ironic that in Robert Fripp's tireless efforts to put an end to illegal file sharing, he's set a machine in motion that will likely bring more harm to his cause than good. The next time you meet someone who's never heard of King Crimson, ask yourself where the real blame lies: ignorance, or Fripp?

Shine On,

Vince & Daisy
------------------------------------
PROG. The other white meat.
http://www.thedividingline.com/p

Offline PaisleyBuddy

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
Re: Fripp Off! Say Goodbye to The Crimson Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
This truly sucks. Started listening to your show because of Crimson Connection but will continue with it regardless as you have alerted to a lot of excellent modern prog. Will just spend money on new material rather than on recordings up to 40 years old. High time I got over the buzz of hearing them live in 1971. Your revamped show will I am certain continue the high standards set over the years.
PaisleyBuddie