Author Topic: A sad day for Cancun progheads  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Duke

• Find a better way of life.....DLBN! ;)
    • View Profile
    • The Genesis Tablature Project
A sad day for Cancun progheads
« on: May 08, 2004, 02:01:39 pm »

So, believe it or not, the biggest music store in the country, Mixup, has a branch in Cancun, and they actually had quite a decent Progressive Rock section. When I first got here it use t take up a whole aisle right in the center of the store. As the years went by it was slowly being taken over by Hip Hop albums, and the section kept getting smeller and smaller, until it was eventuall only taking up half the aisle.

Yesterday, to my very unfortunate suprise, I find the whole section empty!...I ask...where are the prog albums?  "All the way in the back!"  And surely enough, there's this little space where they crammed all the albums next to the cheap tribute and compilation albums, way in the back like it's a clandestine adult section where only old creepy men would venture into! And all to make room for all the "cool" hip hop albums that are selling like crazy.

Sad.  :'(
Listen to AnoraKtion! the happiest hour on the DLBN. Every Thursday 2-5pm Pacific!

Offline FireBlade

• DLBN DJ
  • Play it loud!
    • View Profile
    • My forums are here
Re:A sad day for Cancun progheads
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 02:12:33 pm »
That sucks.  I have to buy about 80% of my albums on the web.  The only one shop near me that stocks any prog and he's mainly metal although he always has all the Beard albums in stock so they must be good sellers.

Offline Joel

• Quentin...Quentin...where are you?
    • View Profile
    • Interstellar Overdrive: The Website
Re:A sad day for Cancun progheads
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 03:10:40 pm »
where only old creepy men would venture into!

Sounds like a few prog shows I've been to...