Author Topic: Critic's Carnival this week...  (Read 7241 times)

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
  • Critic's Carnival every Friday night on DLBN
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
Critic's Carnival this week...
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:07:58 pm »
Yes, that’s right! CarnivalMan will be giving away one ticket to CalProgDay during the show this coming Friday night (the 11th.) Even though I cannot attend, I purchased a ticket to help support all the effort that has gone into CPD by Jim Harrel, the bands & the other organizers. This single ticket is for Standard Seating (a $55 value) so if you were thinking of going this would be a chance to reduce your expenses, or if you already have tickets & want to bring a friend then this is perfect for you too!

For your chance to win this ticket you only have to do two things: Listen to Critic’s Carnival this Friday night & make sure to be in the DLBN chat room for the 10 o’clock roll-call! It’s just that simple. During the first hour of Critic’s Carnival (from 9 to 10) I’ll play most or all of the CPD bands just to get everyone in the mood! So tune in this week for the coolest giveaway to date on Critic’s Carnival! -CarnivalMan  

http://www.calprogday.com/
Critic’s Carnival – Friday Nights from 9-12 Pacific Time on The Dividing Line
http://www.thedividingline.com/

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
Re:Critic's Carnival this week...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 03:42:09 pm »
Oh I forgot, since this Friday is the 11th Anniv of my first appearence on FM radio I'll be playing that Stonetrek broadcast from June of '93.  After I edited out all the breaks it only comes to a 30 minute file.  You if you didn't hear it this time last year make sure to tune in to listen this time!  ;D

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 12:18:00 pm »
Yay, as it turns out Lurker won the CPD ticket so he could force his wife to attend!  ;D

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 09:36:46 pm »
I was just wondering today if should just shut up & put CC on a shelf  for a couple of years...carnival-boy was saying today how he would like to be President  someday after watching his first DNC & I'm just wondering if I am making a difference with my own show or am I just a joke?  Sometimes I have fun being the clown but I'm afraid in the long run I've lived up to the persona...maybe it's time to put the long running joke that is CC to rest for a while?  ::)

Gruno

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 10:08:08 pm »
You need to go with what you feel Carny... be true to what you want and no one can wrong you for that.

--- GRUNO ---

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 10:14:21 pm »
Jeez Eric!  That's intense!  I personally really enjoy your shows and would hate to you go!  You are the king of Friday nights on DLBN and always have been.  I know for a fact your show has been great source of entertainment for many in the DLBN community and has definitely made a difference.

As Gruno said, go with what you feel.
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Alien Love Child

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 10:54:04 am »
Eric, We enjoy your show.
You have a great sense of humor and you always have great songs playing.
I think you should do what ever you want....if you think you need a break..take it !!! You will be missed.
I don't always agree with you politicaly but I know you have a passion, And you should not be afraid to speak out. Also do not think you need to reach everyone.
Just stay true to yourself and be the CM baby !
Blake

Offline Duke

• Find a better way of life.....DLBN! ;)
    • View Profile
    • The Genesis Tablature Project
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 11:54:46 am »

We love you Carnie!!!

I always gotta work during your show, but I always catch the archive!

Keep it up!!

Dukie
Listen to AnoraKtion! the happiest hour on the DLBN. Every Thursday 2-5pm Pacific!

Offline Close2 The Edge

• I'm The Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 12:01:32 pm »
I love Critic's Carnival, in fact I believe that it was CC was originally got me hooked on the DLBN in the first place.  Your show is hilarious, you play awesome tunes, and the chat room is always full of life when your on.  If anyone were to ask me if you were making a differance I would most definitly say yes.  As Shawn said you're the king of Friday nights and I'm sure that to many listeners you would be missed greatly.  However I'm sure that everyone would understand if you feel it's time to take a break as well.

Whatever your decision be - Rock on carny!
-Adam See-
Overnight Sensation --- Wednesday Nights 10-1 Pacific Time
Beyond And Before --- Thursday Nights 7-8 Pacific Time

"Well Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one"

Offline The_Lurker

• YaBB God
  • I know a thing or two about her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 01:44:40 pm »
You are the king of Friday nights on DLBN

(Lurker sobs inconsolably)  :'(   :'(   :'(

But seriously, Carny, do what makes you most happy. That's what's important.
The Healing Colors of Sound & Epic Prog with The Lurker
Friday nights at 8 p.m. Eastern
ONLY on The Dividing Line
www.thedividingline.com

Offline FireBlade

• DLBN DJ
  • Play it loud!
    • View Profile
    • My forums are here
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 03:25:24 pm »
Man, this is not good  :o

I guess you have to run with what you feel, Eric.  I'd miss you and your show.  Like Duke, I often can't catch it live, but I always hit the archive.  I don't have a view either way on American politics because to me it's more show than go, but hey, each to their own.

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 03:39:41 pm »
I am an idiot… (so what else is new?)

My post last night was the culmination of a fit of selfish depression!  By “selfish” I mean that I’ve been very sad this week for someone else, not myself…Let me explain:

The police officer who was killed here last Thursday grew up here in Castro Valley on my route & I see his parents every day & even met him & his little girls in passing a few times when they were visiting his parents.  It’s been really rough having to deliver dozens of sympathy cards to them in person every day (the parents are the kind who leave the door open so I hand them the mail at the door & we chit-chat every day.)  There’s nothing you can say to a parent who’s lost a son or daughter other than “I’m sorry…”  I couldn’t even mention it last Friday as I would’ve completely lost it on the air…I didn’t even tell Adder off the air that they lived on my route!  Even today was tough…the viewing was today so there were 24 motorcycle cops, 4 police cars & a stretch limo with the whole family leaving for the viewing just as I got to their street…

So after watching the DNC & seeing some of the greatest Americans alive speaking I was thinking way to hard about what my legacy would be…”He was a good mailman & a mediocre DJ.”   ;D

So this Friday I’ll try to put together a little memorial for Officer Will Seuis that I’ll play during the first hour.

Sure I worry more than average about small things up to world events to the point of being unhealthy sometimes & a few drinks didn’t help me much either!  So somehow I twisted my sadness into the “poor me” post above…

So I’ll survive & I hope I don’t turn this into a friggin Blog!  ::)

But if you EVER catch me being so self-centered again I demand that Shawn give me my walking papers!

Cya all later tonight during Shawns show?

-CM

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 03:55:34 pm »
Wow,

Sorry to hear abuot thie Eric, that really sucks.  I can imagine it must be a very emotional thing to come face to face with that on a daily basis.  

As I mentioned before, you do make a difference with your show.  Maybe I'm way off here, but I like to think we as DJs have the unique oppertunity to bring a bit of joy into other people's lives with what we do here.  The response to what we do here has been nothing but positive.  Every member of the DLBN team is valued and helps to make this place as special as it is!

Shawn
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Offline CarnivalMan

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
    • eb-web.com
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 04:10:42 pm »
Well I'll keep trying to put out some interesting shows...  ;D

This Friday the 6th will be a special treat for fans of Celtic Rock music!  During the first hour of the show I’ll be playing tracks from the just-released Tempest “15th Anniversary Collection” 3CD boxset!  I’ll play some of the best tracks from the 3CD’s, which include unreleased studio cuts, radio appearances & live recordings (including a hilarious live cover of Spinal Tap’s “Stonehenge”!)

During the second hour of the show I’ll maintain the Celtic theme with some Jethro Tull, Fish, Fairport Convention & others.

So tell your friends to tune in this Friday for a very Celtic Critic’s Carnival!

Offline PapaJ

• Matineers Unite!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 03:00:47 pm »
Hey what are you talkin about? You are a GREAT mailman.  ;)

Celtic show tonight? I'll be wearing my man-skirt and holding my knees together.