Author Topic: Calprog... We all need some light now!!  (Read 11716 times)

Offline Rene

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • eh?
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line
Re:Calprog... We all need some light now!!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 07:06:51 pm »
I got home just a few hours ago (Monday @ 4:30 pm - we had left my car at Frans' place in Seattle and stayed there last night before making the final drive home today) and I just finished reading the emails to the EndlessCalling and CalProg lists, and the above messages to this board.  I am so happy that everyone had such good time.  I agree that it was a truly remarkable experience, and one none of us will likely forget - ever!

I was getting pretty tired by the end of the concert on Saturday night, but agreed to go to the hotel bar with everyone for 1 beer before going to bed.  I'm so glad I got my second wind and stayed, because that poolside sing along with members of IZZ, Enchant, Mike Keneally, and all the DLBN friends was the icing on the cake!

To me, this entire event was like a live-in-person version of the DLBN experience.  We gather together to share our passion for the music, and along the way we meet some wonderful people who become good friends.  This is why the DLBN exists.  What could be better than that??  I'm so glad this event became a reality.  Thank you PapaJ for seeing it through.  I know there were bumps in the road and moments of doubt, but just look how it turned out!  This is somethging to be proud of, and something we can build on.

Over the next few days or so I will be transforming the CalProg web site into a scrap book.  Please let us know if you have photos or reviews posted.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event possible - you know who you are.  And a special thanks to BobL.  I'll have more to say later, but for now - whew!

Rene
ProgRoots, Sundays @ 7pm Pacific
on The Dividing Line

Offline Rene

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • eh?
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 07:20:40 pm »

Here are some pictures of the bands:

http://www.weedstash.com/CalProgDay/index.htm

Frans

Awesome pictures Frans!  Thanks for sharing!
ProgRoots, Sundays @ 7pm Pacific
on The Dividing Line

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 02:11:12 pm »
I'll second everyone's comments here by saying the whole experience was nothing short of mind blowing!!  Meeting everyone and just hanging out togther sharing our passion for this awesome genre of music is what it's all about.  There were some old and new faces, and every one of them was a delight!  The music was awesome and inspiring.  I'm so happy that people have started to realize the greatness of IZZ and all the power and passion they have for their craft.  I've been trying to pump them as much as humanly possible since ProgWest back in 2002.  Hearing everyone talk about them and how they stole the show really made me happy that they're starting to get the recognition they so dearly deserve.  Those guys & gals are amazing, not to mention one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  Also the Neal Morse show was an unexpected awesome bonus!  That man really knows how to entertain an audience and draw them in.  His music is passionate and the amount of songs he's written in the past with all sorts of different groups is staggering.  All in all, a great time and I thank EVERYONE for helping to make it a reallity.  Stay tuned to the DLBN website for an in depth journal and slide show of the CalProg experience.

Here's to many more great times like this in the future!

Shawn
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl