Author Topic: 2 New Shows at DLBN!  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
2 New Shows at DLBN!
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:25:09 pm »
Hey all,

I'm happy to welcome two new show to this ever growing team of DJs here at DLBN.  First we have Vince and Daisy Jane Font bringing you Schizopolis (hope I spelled that one right) :) every Monday from 10pm to 1am Pacific (immediately following Guilty Pleasures with Gruno).  Here are some words from Vince about the show

"From prog-rock to post-rock, from ambient to acoustic, our show will boast a wide range of styles and artists (from genre superstars to indie icons and unsigned acts). The emphasis on the expansion of the musical mind. Hosted by Vince and Daisy (husband and wife team)."

This one is not to be missed, their demo was freggin awesome!  Experience their greatness every Monday night!  

Our second new arival, Adam See (also known as Close2TheEdge in chat) will be bringing you “Overnight Sensation” every Wednesday from 10pm to 1am Pacific (immediatley following The Lighter Side with Gary).  Coming live to you from Toronto, Ontario, Canada (YES MORE CANADIANS!), Adam will be adding a whole new direction and style to DLBN with his show.  Some words from Adam:

“Overnight Sensation will be very much a unique, fresh and new show on the DLBN.  It will focus mainly on Jazz, Blues, Swing, and Fusion music (with a few jazzy prog tunes thrown in for good measure).  Overnight Sensation will be divided into two sections over its’ three hour span - Hot and Cold.  The opening half of the show will feature steamy jazz and fusion music from the likes of John Coltrane to Frank Zappa to The Brain Setzer Orchestra!  The second half will be the time to cool down and relax with some smoother selections.  This part of the show would also be a great time to play some of the mellow prog greats such as Marillion and Pink Floyd.  But the jazz flavor will not be lost in this section either as Jaco Pastorius and Miles Davis will be common picks as well.  Another unique feature of Overnight Sensation will be the 'Musician Limelight' segment every show which will include a brief outline of an important and skilled musician.  Afterwards a song will be played showcasing the talent of that musician.  To any Zappa fans - this is your place as well.  Obviously the show title is very Zappa oriented and his work will be represented every show.  And don't worry - nothing graphic of his will be played, after all this is family programming!  Of course requests are very welcome.  Your DJ Adam See has a very large musical library and would be happy to play any tunes you want.  Along with the fresh tunes and segments, perhaps your DJ will try out his smooth operator voice as the night goes on and music cools down.  Overnight Sensation has indeed something for everyone and even if you don't like jazz, you probably will after three hours with yours truly.  I also hope to bring NEW fans to the DLBN because after all - what good is a great radio station without any fans?  It will be my goal to create an accessible, fun, and unique musical environment for all.”

So again, I’d like to welcome Vince, Daisy, and Adam to our team of DJs!  Let the music commence!

Take care all,

Shawn
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Offline Mary

• DLBN DJ
  • Rock Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Underdog Prog - A Progressive Music Broadcast
Re:2 New Shows at DLBN!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 04:43:51 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Congrats to Vince, Daisy and Adam!!!!

The shows both sound like they're going to be awesome, can't wait to hear them  8)  More DJ's....this is so cool  :)

Grrrl
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

Frank Zappa ~

Underdog Prog
Saturdays 4-7 pm Pacific

Offline ich bin besser

• Representing Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 11:52:04 pm »
Hey hey! Congratulations, good luck and have fun, girls! :)

(But I think it's about time that there is another show that fits the European schedule better. Somebody have any money for upgrading my PC? ;))

"These are the mean little views of someone with the social grace of duckweed."
My updated music list

Offline Duke

• Find a better way of life.....DLBN! ;)
    • View Profile
    • The Genesis Tablature Project
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 02:39:38 am »
Maybe.it's.about.time.you.did.a.show.Jürgen!!

;D
Listen to AnoraKtion! the happiest hour on the DLBN. Every Thursday 2-5pm Pacific!

Offline posmaster

• For Fraternity, Liberty, and my Llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »
Darn tootin' cool, yo!