Author Topic: CalProg - Who's Going?  (Read 19220 times)

Offline Joel

• Quentin...Quentin...where are you?
    • View Profile
    • Interstellar Overdrive: The Website
Re:CalProg - Who's Going?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 04:37:46 pm »
Sorry to hear that Jürgen. You'll get here some day soon, and when you do, we'll take you out for some good Chicago beer and pizza!

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 07:52:26 pm »
I won't be able to make it either.  Seems not very many people will be able to make it this year. :(  Too bad too cause it's awesome to meet everyone from around here in person.  We should arrange another event sometime in the future in the hopes of this happening again.
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Offline Rayna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 08:17:01 pm »
That's too bad Jurgen.  Maybe next time and what Joel said.  :)

Rayna & Mark

Offline PapaJ

• Matineers Unite!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 03:50:25 pm »
Sorry not too many DLBNers are going to make it, but alot of others WILL. There's 3 weeks left and only 20 tickets left for sale. I'm pretty sure we'll sell out this year! It's been a great ride and it'll be a great show!

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 07:05:59 pm »
Only 20? That's great! Good to see these festivals getting the support of true prog fans like they so richly deserve. I know I can't wait!

BB_Lamour

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 09:22:36 pm »
I too am very very stoked for the CalProg radness!  Glad to know it will be a packed house.  Aside from all the great music to be devoured, I also look forward to a great time meeting all the musicians and prog fans alike.  Although, after seeing your ROSFest photo gallery, Joel, I will have to be careful to not let the debauchery get out of hand, as it seemingly did for you!!  :D  I look forward to hearing the stories.  Haha!

BB_Lamour

CalProg RULED!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 07:52:44 pm »
 :o  O M G ! ! !   :o

What a phenomenal day!  The word of the day was:  YES!

Some highlights:

Spiraling setting the tone with their COVER OF THE DAY:  "Sound Chaser"!!!!  If given the chance, SEE THIS BAND live!

Bubblemath's cover of "The Knife" by Genesis and their show in general.  Extremely talented and very entertaining band.

The EPIC new material from IZZ ... their new album is going to be something else!  For everyone who told me that IZZ was going to blow me away live ... you got it right!  They were unreal!  And their "CTTE" cover wasn't too shabby either!  Oh, and, don't get me started about LM mmmmmmmm .... ;)

The Flower Kings.  AMAZING!  Such a powerful and dynamic live band, their musicianship is top shelf.  Their cover was "Soon" ... incredible!

Yada-yada blah-blah-blah, I could go on for days.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 10:48:50 am »
Hey Brian,

It was great seeing you there, thanks for the kick-ass brews  ;)

This really was a diverse line-up this year, a little something for everyone's tastes. The policy of doing a classic cover is just so enjoyable, and its fun to speculate what you might hear. The interaction between the fans and performers is awesome, and the friendships made will last for years.

I'm glad you were able to come, and I was very proud to have been associated with CalProg. I'm sure I'll see you there next year. And for everyone else who may have considered attending one of these festivals but for whatever reason hasn't, these events become life long memories, and are well worth the trip.

And to everyone who has attended, and has told a friend, posted a review on a message board or mailing list, put pics on a website, or talked about these fests on internet radio shows or chat rooms, you are all directly responsible for the success that prog fests are seeing. Keep spreading the word!

BB_Lamour

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 03:35:34 pm »
Amen to all that, Joel.  This past weekend was an unparalleled musical experience and the memories will indeed last a lifetime.  I will be talking this fest up within my circle of progressive-music-friends, so hopefully there will be an even larger Arizona contingent for CalProg '06!

And it was my pleasure to share the AZ microbrewery goodness ... I just hope you had enough time to enjoy it. ;)

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 06:01:43 pm »

BB_Lamour

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 09:01:31 am »
Well done, Joel.  Great pics!  Thanks for sharing!