Author Topic: BBC's 24  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
BBC's 24
« on: October 11, 2003, 01:42:31 pm »
About 3 weeks ago (I think it was) I had just tuned in to the mighty Matinee.  Gruno and Jim were going on about some great series, the name of which I missed.  But, they couldn't say enough good things about it.  When I asked in chat what they were talking about I was told it was 24.  I had seen an occasional ad on TV for it but knew absolutely nothing about it.  The ads looked pretty cool, but I never really gave it a second though until I heard Jim and Gruno saying how great it was.  So, I though why not, and I got the 1st season.  I've just finished it and all I can say is wow!  I am staggered at the high quality and awesome writing of this show.  It's funny, I have been saying recently that it seems like all the movies out these days follow a "selling formula".  They are predictable and void of any true enveloping plotlines.  24 is easily better than any big budget movie I've seen in the last year, hands down, and this is a TV show!  Anyone who likes drama / action, with a real human feel will love this series.  You'd think that a series based on real time events would be slow moving and frustrating because the story doesn't end until the end of the season, but just the opposite is true.

Anyways, just felt the urge to proclaim my thoughts on what a truly outstanding series this is.
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Gruno

Re:BBC's 24
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 02:29:36 pm »
In the United States it is shown on FOX. Is BBC a station in Canada?

24 is a show I have watched since it's premiere. I definitely think it has some awesome writing and is filled with great suspense. Never in a TV show have I actually had my heart beating with suspense [except for a few times on "Big Brother 2" and "Survivor 5"]

I haven't finished season 2 because I couldn't get to watch the last 7 episodes so I will just get it on DVD.

By the way. The STAR of 24 is Elisha!!!

--- GRUNO ---

Offline Shawn

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • If life were perfect it wouldn't be any fun!
    • View Profile
    • The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 05:28:09 pm »
Actually we get FOX up here too.  Ahhh Elisha, yes she is definately cool... but Sarah Clarke has my STAR vote. :)
--
-----------------------------------------
Shawn Bishop: shawn@thedividingline.com
Station Owner - The Dividing Line Broadcast Network
http://www.thedividingline.com
Behind The Lines: www.thedividingline.com/btl

Offline Gnemesis

• Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 07:35:28 am »
Gotta chime in on this one...

There is not much I follow with any regularity on TV, but this one I never miss.  I've see every episode ince the premiere, and am sure looking forward to season 3 (which airs in the US on FOX on October 28th).
--

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
                                                       -- H. L. MENCKEN