Author Topic: "Guilty Pleasures" Says Good-Bye To DLBN  (Read 20328 times)

Offline grinch

• the eternal optimist
    • View Profile
Re:"Guilty Pleasures" Says Good-Bye To DLBN
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 03:10:06 pm »
woo HOO!

Hey Wendy! Long time no see!

Didnt you start a catfight on this message-board last time you posted, too?

wheres that pop-corn, BB?

grinch
It looks just like a Telefunken U-47....

Offline DoritosGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 03:43:01 am »
envertigo said:

Hopefully you don't feel as stupid as that post made you look.

*Hahahahaha!  That was a surprise!  Positively hilarious, envertigo!  Actually, I don't feel stupid at all because my post had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with you or anything you had posted.  I don't have a clue who you are, what your gender is, what your age is or how you came to know of Gruno or DLBN.  My post should not be offensive to anyone.  

My post was sincere AND sarcastic AND completely accurate.   Gruno does attract a diverse audience BUT enticing the girlies and keeping them around is a specialty of his.  "The girlie factor" OFTEN plays heavy in Gruno's routine.  Gruno DOES stir the pot and would be highly unlikely to compromise himself by complying to an "85%" rule, as I said, if he was "just like everybody else" he wouldn't be so different or be the Gruno that ruffles so many feathers and so many people love-to-hate.  It's all by design, envertigo.  Like I said, what Gruno is best at IS promoting Gruno.  He's excellent at it and it has gotten him to interesting places in life.  

DLBN is a great place.  If you like the shows, you should stick around.  There are some really good people around here!  Gruno can be a blast,  so you should by all means keep yourself updated on his status, if you find him entertaining.  

In all seriousness, many of us here have known Gruno for YEARS.  Put it this way, I knew Gruno long BEFORE he was "Gruno", so really envertigo, no offense but I hadn't even noticed anything you said when I wrote that first post...it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you.  So okay, now, envertigo?  I still don't know a thing about you...but hey, mini-skirts and tank-tops and 4" acrylic heels are cool, you know...didn't mean to offend...hahaha.  Laughter is great for the soul...so how about if I share something about myself and you can get a laugh at my expense?  The old candy trick worked on me MANY years ago.  Hahahaha!

Offline DoritosGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 03:52:49 am »
woo HOO!

Hey Wendy! Long time no see!

Didnt you start a catfight on this message-board last time you posted, too?

Well, my my my!  Lookie who we have here!  I still owe you a very big spanking for that one, by the way!  (If you're reading this, envertigo, the "catfight" of which Grinch speaks really DID make me look stupid and it's ALL HIS FAULT-haha!  And yes, I did have to say "oh well" and just laugh at myself in the end.)  Sooooooo...we have some catching up to do.  Hope to see you around soon, but my schedule is going to be unbelievably hectic for the next few weeks with the kids, but maybe somehow we'll connect in the near future.  I have missed you...and several others!  Hope you're doing well!

Been pinned against any walls lately?..... :D

Offline envertigo

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 11:52:26 am »
Okay, cool... I was hoping. That's why I didn't want to leave such an inital reply.. it's just been rather difficult trying to get a fair shake on the board, not that I'm due one or anything, so honestly thank you. There were just more than a few who saw my defense of GP and slapped me with the label of 'groupie' and when I saw your first post I thought, 'Please, no, not again...' I'm really glad that wasn't the case.

Thanks again. Apologies for appearing so on edge here, it's been a bit of an adventure..  :-[

Offline rushfan

• Still attempting to solve the DLBN Llama mystery
    • View Profile
    • Mike's scrobbler
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 05:31:23 pm »

Sure miss having you and Captain Harlock in the same chat DG... ;D

Mike
"We all know success when we all find our own dreams. And our love is enough to knock down any walls. And the future's been seen as men try to realize. The simple secret of the note in us all..."

Offline DoritosGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2005, 01:56:25 am »

Thanks again. Apologies for appearing so on edge here, it's been a bit of an adventure..  :-[

Please envertigo, been there, done that!  No worries!  Been "on the edge" and had my share of "adventures" many times.  I'm just glad you took my reply well and understood what I was saying.  You hang in there, you silly little groupie you!  KIDDING!   ;)

Offline DoritosGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2005, 02:01:07 am »

Sure miss having you and Captain Harlock in the same chat DG... ;D

Mike

Well, hey now!  It's nice to be missed!  We did have some laughs in those chats!  I sure wish my schedule would slow down enough that I would have some time to catch some shows and join some chats.   Maybe one of these days.