Author Topic: PT Kicked my Ass Friday Night  (Read 3656 times)

Offline The_Lurker

• YaBB God
  • I know a thing or two about her.
    • View Profile
PT Kicked my Ass Friday Night
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:57:08 am »
(Bottom has setlist spoilers, so avoid the bottom of this post if you want to be surprised)

I went over to Tampa on Friday night for the start of the second U.S. leg of Porcupine Tree's Deadwing Tour and once again, they kicked my ass. After seeing them in Atlanta in June, on the first U.S. leg of the tour, I was hoping for some changes in the setlist, and they didn't disappoint. Despite still leaning heavily on the latest album, they pulled out a few songs they'd never performed live before and brought back a couple older songs. There was a nice crowd of more than 500 in attendance at the Masquerade in Ybor City. The entire floor was full and the elevated sections on the sides and back were stacked pretty deep as well. Great to see such a turnout.

After a somewhat disappointing local opening band called The Beauvilles, I chatted a bit with members of Cryptic Vision and they promised their live ROSfest CD will be finished in a matter of a few more weeks. They're looking at roughly a 3-month timeline on their next studio album. Then, PT came on at 10:30 and played for an hour and 45 minutes.

The band sounded great, after some initial problems with the mix. At least they sounded pretty good from where I was, although the vocals could have been more prominent. Gavin Harrison is an amazing drummer and continues to impress me. For those interested in the setlist, scroll down and read. For those wanting to avoid it, stop reading now or scroll past to the next post.

**SETLIST**
Open Car
Blackest Eyes
Lazarus
Deadwing
Don't Hate Me
Mother and Child Divided
Buying New Soul
So Called Friend
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Heart Attack in a Layby
Start of Something Beautiful
Halo
encores:
The Sound of Muzak
Radioactive Toy
The Healing Colors of Sound & Epic Prog with The Lurker
Friday nights at 8 p.m. Eastern
ONLY on The Dividing Line
www.thedividingline.com

Offline Rayna

• View Profile
Re:PT Kicked my Ass Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 04:19:43 pm »
Sounds like it was a great shohw.  My PT tickets came in the mail today and I can't wait!!  Mark and I are trying to decide if we're going to go to the second Chicago show as well - I think we'll have to.  Two weeknight shows in a row is going to be really tough though.

Rayna

Gruno

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 06:19:31 pm »
Sorry to hear that Lurker. I have seen you in person though, and the task doesn't seem too difficult, although, for the entire band to do that to you does suck.

--- GRUNO ---

Offline Mindcrime1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 06:34:45 pm »
I was at the show with Lurker,and I must say I am now totally enthralled with PT.I havent stopped listening to them since the show.Awesome!
The Spirit Carries On!