Author Topic: Bass Communion  (Read 3881 times)

Offline endtje

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
Bass Communion
« on: October 31, 2006, 03:22:23 am »
Does Steve Wilson's Bass Communion ever get played on any of the shows? I'm really interested in hearing any of this stuff but am a bit reluctant to buy it immediately. Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

JP

Offline scozart

• DLBN DJ
    • View Profile
Re: Bass Communion
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 01:39:11 pm »
I have used some Bass Communication as background tracks during my spoken breaks during my show.  It's very VERY soundscape-oriented and dark ambient sounding material.  If you like that sort of thing, you'll like the production value and the quality. If you're looking for "music" ro anything at all like PT or No Man, etc., you won't find that here.

Hope that helps.

steve

Offline endtje

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:59:16 am »
Hello Steve,

Thanks for replying. It still sounds good to me  ;D

Meanwhile, I found some soundbites on BC's myspace site, which also sound interesting.

Cheers,

JP

Offline AJ_Z0

• Amateur Brain Surgeon and Gynocologist
    • View Profile
    • H.A.L. Plant
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 04:12:40 pm »
As Steve mentioned, Bass Communion http://www.swhq.co.uk/bass_communion.cfm has little in common with other King Midas projects such as Porcupine Tree, No-Man or Blackfield, but has some similarities to IEM and UEM in that it's ambient instrumental music.

If you enjoy amelodic and sometimes atonal composition which conveys mood without familiar structure, then both Bass Communion and IEM (and UEM) might interest you. If you play it on poor or mediocre equipment in the background, it may sound like noise, but through good speakers or - even better - good headphones, it'll take you on a journey.

You're unlikely to properly expience this kind of music on DLBN, at least not since Daisy and Vince's "Schizolpolis" went away, since the focus is on progressive rock.

You can order the latest CD release, "Loss", the recently released Bass Communion versus Muslimgauze "bcvsmgcd" and others from Steven's Headphone Dust http://www.swhq.co.uk/headphone_dust_mailorder.cfm, but don't be too disappointed that many special editions and limited releases are not available. If you're patient, then older recordings are sometimes re-released, often remastered and in nicer packaging.

Offline endtje

• DLBN - Feel the joy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 12:50:05 am »
Hello AJ,

Thanks for that elaborate reply. I realize that BC is nothing like PT, but although I'm an avid PT fan, this stuff really sounds interesting. I'm definately going to check it out.

Thanks again,

JP